Separate food waste collections are being introduced in Woking on 27 November. This means that your food waste caddy will be emptied at a different time to your rubbish or recycling. Separate collections will make the service more efficient because food waste vehicles don’t need to be emptied as often as rubbish and recycling vehicles.
Our aim is to make sure that this change goes as smoothly as possible, but please bear with us if there are any teething problems while this new way of working becomes established.
Joint Waste Solutions has been managing Woking’s bin collection contract with Amey since September, when we introduced a few small changes to the service. Here’s a quick reminder of all the changes you need to know about:
- Bins collections start slightly earlier, so your rubbish, recycling, garden and food waste bins need to be left out from 6.00am.
- Your bins might be emptied at a different time of day.
- Textiles and small electricals are now collected every week.
- Please put them out in separate bags left next to your bins.
- From 27 November food waste will be collected by a separate vehicle.
- That means it will be emptied at a different time to your rubbish or recycling.
- So do check your food waste bin has been emptied before you bring it in.