Joint Waste Solutions is hosted by Surrey Heath Borough Council so our employees receive the same generous benefits package as all of the council’s employees:
- Local Government Pension Scheme.
- A minimum of 23 days annual leave entitlement (pro-rata for part-time employees).
- An additional 5 days annual leave after 5 years continuous Local Government service.
- Free private medical insurance for all staff after three years continuous service at Surrey Heath Borough Council.
- Three times salary Life Assurance cover for all staff in the Pension Scheme.
- Free parking for all non-casual staff.
- Mileage allowance.
- Regular health checks and other welfare initiatives and health promotions.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP).
- Free VDU eye examinations every 2 years.
- Free vaccinations when / where appropriate.
- Access to reduced travel insurance.
- Staff uniforms where required for all appropriate employees.
- Commitment to regular learning and development and support for Professional learning and development, where appropriate.
Employees have the opportunity to apply for flexible working. Depending on the role and individual circumstances, this can include working part time, job sharing, condensed hours and time off to care for dependents.