Residents of Surrey Heath and Woking aren’t currently able to process bookings and payments online as Amey’s online system is down. However, the problem hasn’t affected bin collections which are continuing as normal.
We now have a temporary form available to do the following:
- Report a missed bin collection.
- Request a sharps collection or replacement box.
- Request an assisted bin collection.
- Order a replacement food caddy or recycling bin.
- Report a street cleaning issue or fly-tipping in Surrey Heath.
You can also report issues and make the requests above by calling Amey on 03332 340978 between Monday and Friday from 8.30am to 5pm.
Over the phone you will also now be able to:
- Book and pay for a bulky waste collection.
- Order and pay for a rubbish bin.
- Pay for a subscription to the garden waste service.
If you are a new garden waste customer or are renewing and you have log in details for an online account, then you can still pay for the garden waste service online here.
Reporting of street cleaning issues in Woking is not affected and can be done here.
The systems are offline because of a complex IT security incident during which a portion of Amey’s data was compromised. We were initially advised that the systems would be restored quickly, but this was not possible. Work is still underway to get the systems back online, but as it is a complex piece of work there is currently no firm date for when it will be completed. Based on investigations to date, there is no evidence to suggest that any resident personal data has been impacted by the incident.
Apologies for the inconvenience this is causing.
Updated: 4 March 2021