Bulky waste

Bulky waste includes large items such as electrical appliances, furniture, doors, flooring and mattresses.

Can it be reused?

If your bulky items are in a reusable condition you can contact the Surrey Reuse Network to arrange a collection.

Bulky waste collection service

If your items can’t be reused, for a charge, we can collect them for disposal. More details can be found on the bulky waste collection service page.

Unfortunately business waste and building waste including rubble cannot be collected.

Community recycling centres

You can usually also take bulky items to community recycling centres (CRCs)

Surrey’s CRCs are now closed until further notice due to the Government’s decision to restrict all  non-essential movement. Please do not put waste you may have taken to a CRC in your household bins as it may overwhelm collection services. Similarly, if you decide to have a clear-out while you’re at home, please don’t put everything in the bin straight away. Wait until normal service resumes.

Rubble and some other types of building waste can usually be taken to some community recycling centres, but there will be a charge for its disposal. More information can be found on the Surrey County Council website. Please see above note about the temporary closure of all community recycling centres.

Bulky business waste can be taken to a waste transfer station where it will be charged for.

Your responsibility

It is your responsibility to dispose of your waste responsibly, including any waste that is removed by a trader or contractor on your behalf, such as when you’re having work done in your home or garden. Find out more about your responsibility to avoid fly-tipping on the Surrey Environment Partnership website.