Recycling collection – Elmbridge and Woking
If you live in a house your recycling bin is emptied on alternate weeks to your rubbish bin and should be put out by 6.00am on your property boundary, on your collection day.
If you live in a flat your service may be different. More details can be found on our collections from flats page.
All items in your bin should be clean, dry and loose – not in plastic bags or sacks.
- Dry paper and cardboard
- Plastic bottles, pots, tubs and trays – including detergent bottles, yoghurt pots, ready meal trays and ice cream tubs
- Metal food tins and drinks cans
- Glass bottles and jars
- Clean aluminium foil and trays
If you have extra recycling this can be put out for collection next to your recycling bin in a clear plastic bag, on your collection day. Do not use black or coloured sacks. You can also order an additional recycling bin by completing the order a new bin form.
- Food and drinks cartons (Tetra Paks) – you can take these to a recycling centre or bank
- Food pouches – such as pet and baby food pouches
- Plastic bags and film – such as cling film, bread bags and food wrapping
- Hard plastics – such as Tupperware, toys and kitchen utensils
- Polystyrene – including polystyrene food trays
- Food waste – please empty items like jars before recycling them. Food waste is collected separately.
- Garden waste – this should be recycled separately
- Clothing and home textiles – these should be recycled separately
- Electricals and batteries – these should be recycled separately
- Business waste – this can be taken to a waste transfer station where it will be charged for
If you’re not sure of what to do with a specific item use the recycling search tool to find out.